Sunday, October 08, 2006
At the beginning of Ramadhan there was a suggestion that we hold an iftar together - however from a simple idea of an iftar; it became overly ambitious (in my not-so-humble opinion) when tazkirah, terawih, usrah, orphanage etc. were added to the agenda. In the end I decided to make it simple - set a date, a venue for a supper; those who want to come just come (Note 1). No proper organisation, no event - after all I haven't closed the account for the last Back-to-School Reunion last December.
The venue was the row of shops with a lot of restaurants near Taman Melati, just off MR2. I conveniently called it Yellow Town (since similar rows of shops in Kemaman are called Yellow Town because of the yellow painting). Unfortunately it confused a few people who were looking for a Yellow Town signboard, or a restaurant called Yellow Town.
Attendance was modest - but what matters was the quality of time spent. Attendance was categorised depending on the type of "license" obtained from the Interior Minister:
1) No license required (Super License) - Ska, Rough, Chamat, Picca
2) License Besar - Epit, Mpro, Idzam, Kuchai, Radin, Chibiok and jeng jeng jeng MTop! (whether MTop obtained the license legally could not be ascertained. We had doubt he lodged application well in advance last week on the pretext of operational problems at his plant that he needed to attend urgently)
3) License P (Probation) - Pyan @ ASO, who only stayed for about a few minutes with his Interior Minister waiting in the car!
4) License not approved at all - Awie (who promised to come but did not show up, so we assume license was not approved)
We adjourned twice before decided to call it a day - first when the Thai restaurant were about to close, then we moved to a nearby restaurant. Once it closed, we adjourned to the front of a gynae clinic discussing Mpro's "kopi kembang" (Note 2) cap 2 Badak (which nearly all expressed doubt because of the fear of the side effect on your tetek, looking at how Mpro's tetek has grown lately, despite whatever his claim).
Kuchai came in his brand new BMW (I think it was the latest version of 3-series) bought recently.
The whole night was spent going through the mailing list ha ha ha - the amount of jokes made at the expense of so many other people were obscene!
The supper also marked the commencement of work for the next reunion, targeted for 2008 with the theme of "Sukantara Re-play". Expect a re-play of showdown between (amongst others):
1) Syam and Badut in the sprinting (but not 100 m, we shall cut it down to 20 m)
2) Fadhil's act of terjelepuk bila dah kat belakang sekali
3) Bobo, Kandaq and Joe for the high jump
The consensus was Idris did not deserve to win the house championship in 1994 and all were eager to set the records right.
It was a good night, I can't remember the last time aku lagho and laugh that much!
More pictures here
Note 1: The fact that it was supper is a reflection of how much things have changed. 6-7 years ago we used to have annual sahur! But with more and more Interior Ministers joining the club, it is no longer that easy to organise a sahur.
Note 2: Bukan kopi yang kembang, the little general yang Mpro claim will get the instant "expansion". In fact he claimed that he was able to drive straight to Melaka last night because this "kopi kembang cap 2 badak" made his kembang so much he has to rush back there and then. He also claimed he has memorised all the doa from Dr Love's series (in the mailing list), so when he reached climax last night, hopefully he was shouting the doa, not any other sounds ha ha ha. (Chamat opted to wait for cap 2 gajah, since cap 2 badak to him was not "kembang" enough).
Posted by Noni Kapet at 6:05 PM